CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

We are so lucky to have 2 of the best mothers in the world.
My mom is one of my best friends, we have so much fun together. We love to go shopping, to lunch and to the temple. We love making cards together, baking sweets and talking. She has always been my biggest fan. No matter what I'm doing she cheers me on and thinks I'm #1. I love my mom so much and look up to here more than she will ever know. She was always teaching us through her example. She is constantly making bread or dinner for someone else. During christmas even when we didn't have much she was giving to some who had even less. She is truly a selfless person. If there is one thing she does better than anything else its got to be being a mother. I love you mom!!!! Thanks for all you do for me.

Emily and Mom
I also have a wonderful mother-in-law. She treats me like I'm her own daughter. We also have a fun time together. We love to drag Dylan to girl movies and shopping on my birthday. She taught Dylan to be a great gift giver, the love for reading, great rock and roll and science fiction. I couldn't ask for better. I sure love you Cheryl, happy mother's day!!!

Dylan and Mom

Like Emily said, we really are lucky to have great mothers. They support both of us in all that we want to do and I don't think that we thank them enough. My mom has always been a great example to me. She's worked hard and has succeeded in life. As Em already wrote, my mom taught me to love reading. There were many, many nights growing up where she would have to come and tell me to go to sleep because I'd stay up reading. She's always supported me in whatever it was I did. She came to almost every one of my football games in high school (even the ones away). She taught me to love music. We both share really eclectic tastes (from classical to country - and pretty much everything in between.) Also, I have a wonderful mother-in-law. She cares so much about her kids, sometimes she even goes into what I call "Momma Bear" mode - (one example: when Em and I were first married, Em had to go to the ER. The doctor there told us that he felt that Em was faking being sick because they couldn't see anything wrong. Man, I will never forget Em's mom telling that doctor what's up.) She supports us in what we want to do. She even supported me when I decided that I wanted to be a teacher and earn the big bucks! I love you both very much! Happy Mother's Day

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I think the world of Em's mom! She is a wonderful woman!!

Unknown said...

This is so sweet! I bet your mothers love this!

Nicolle said...

I LOVE the picts! You guys look so cute! I had know idea that you guys went WAY back!

Debbie said...

I love you

Debbie said...

Em, I am so blesed to have you as my daughter, thank you so much for all the smiles, laughs, good times and even the hard times and tears because thats when we have really grown close. You are an amazing girl and I am so very proud of you and the many things you have done in your life and the strong FAITH you have, thank for being such s great example for me. I love you more than words can express, Dylan your a great son in law and thanks for taking such good care of my Em. love you MOM :)

Meg and Abe said...

Hey sorry I haven't called you back...We are in Las Vegas for the weekend, so I won't be in town on Sunday to go see Haylie. So either you can stop by or if you don't want to go alone I can go sometime after Monday next week. Let me know.

THE HANSEN'S said...

So cute! What a sweet tribute to your moms.
Em - guess what my cousin just got called to the Soeul Korea mission!!

THE HANSEN'S said...

Em - ask your mom for me to add me to her list of friends. If her blog is active i would love to see it.