CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

August 2008

August. . . . .


Jennie, my baby sister, turned 21! Wow she's all grown up. Next to her is her adorable boyfriend Mike, he also had a birthday in August!!! We love you!

After Dylan's new - old-found love for LEGOS, he decided it was time to get Colby our 5 year-old-nephew into them too. Colby came over for the day and they put 2 packs of Legos together. They had a blast and the best part was after they were all together they both played with them for about an hour. Dylan has a new best friend and Colby has a new favorite toy. I have a feeling this could get very expensive. ha ha

I manage a storage facility and one of the best things that happened this summer was getting a NEW GOLF CART!!! Bart our matenance guy is the best. Our old one had pretty much seen its last day about 2 years ago, so it was well overdue and very appriciated. Dylan and Colby posed for a picture to show off the new Cart!

Christina's aunt and I threw a baby shower for her (and Jackson). Her mom, grandma and sister came all they way from Oregon and her mother-in-law and other Grandmas came from Idaho and Colorado to be here for it. We had a great time and she got tons of cute stuff. I am so excited for Jackson to come, I'm sure I will be the favorite aunt.

Andrew, Christina, Dylan and I all went to the Jack Johnson Concert. He put on a great show. I have to say the best part was watching all the drunk people though. One lady came up to Dylan and wanted him to dance with her. He freaked out and just turned away from her like a shy little kid. His mom must have told him not to talk to strangers. lol

I had a great opportunity in August to try out Fashion photography. My friend Shannon referred me to her friend Carlene who just starting up her own clothing line. You should all check out her website Joncar Designs and let me know what you think! I was thrilled when she said she liked my work and asked me to do more for her. To be honest I loved it, it is now my 2nd favorite thing to shoot right after Weddings of course. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the shoot.

I also wanted to thank a few of my wonderful friends who came to model for me. Tiffany, Shannon, and Sasha, you are all beautiful! Also I want to thank Carlene for giving me the chance to branch out and try something new. I can't tell you how much fun I had and how much I loved every minute of it, although I was really nervous. I am getting a little obsessed about the new area of photography. In fact, you can ask Dylan. Everyone I see I ask him if they would be a good model or not, I'm now always looking for new poses, and getting fashion magazines to look at. Everywhere we go I'm looking for new places that the fashion shoot would work for. For my birthday Dylan took me to Salt Lack City and said I could do anything I wanted. You know what I did. . . . walked around for 2 days finding new places to take pictures. It was a great success and I found all sorts of awesome spots. Dylan is so supportive of me and my passion for photography. I'm also going to try to get my buisness blog started soon and I'll post a few of my finds from our weekend in SLC. I'll let you know when it acctually happens.

Speaking of my birthday I had a great one this year. It was more like a birthday month rather than just one day, but I'm not complaning. I spent a weekend in SLC with Dylan, and every week in august he gave me a presant. (i'm so spoiled, thanks babe). On my birthday I hung out with my mom we went to the pool, and made cards. She also set up breakfast with my sister Jen and brother Scotty and my other sister Tiff for lunch. It was a fun day thanks! We also had a birthday dinner at my parents' house on Sunday and my mom made ice cream cake, my favorite! The next Sunday we had a birthday dinner with my mother-in-law Cheryl, sister-in-law Kelsey, her hubby Murray, his mom Debbie and their nephew Gage. We ate Lasagna and after that had Bannana cake. Then we went to Red Robin for another birthday dinner with our good friends Andrew and Christina. I'm sad to now be in my late 20's but life is wonderful. I have so much to be thankful for. A wonderful family, great friends, awesome job, and so many things to look forward to in the future.

Ok, last but not least, FOOTBALL season has finally begun! My all time favorite sport might I add! One of Dylan's friends from work, Jason, got us season tickets with his wife and him in the student section. Guess where our seats are??? O ya, front and second row north end zone. The 1st game against Northern Iowa was a blast. We won 41 to 17. Thanks Jason and Heather for the great tickets. !


OK, one more monumental event from August. . . . our Bishop got released. Bishop Bartholomew has been our Bishop since we moved to Orem 2 and a half years ago. I know that may sound like a weird thing to blog about but this man changed our lives. He will never know all that he did for us and I just want to thank him. He has the neatest wife and I look up to her so much as well. I also want to thank her and her children for sharing their husband and father with us these past few years. I know that the Lord is aware of each of us and gives us Bishops to help us, lead us and support us. I know that no one else could have done for us the things this man has, and I know it is because of the Lord that he was able to do them. I have cried over this more than I thought possible. Bishop thank you from the bottom of my heart.

5 comments:

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Happy late birthday Em! I'm glad Dyl was good to you or else I'd have to come beat him up. The pictures are awesome. I actually saw them from Shannon's blog and seriously thought, "What cool photography!" I should have known the amazingness is all due to you!

Aubrey said...

Happy Birthday Emily! I haven't forgotten your big day since it is so close to mine. I hope it was the best 26th birthday you've ever had. :) I've always appreciated yours and your snookie pookie's friendship.

Cynthia said...

No wonder you haven't blogged in a while...you've been a busy woman! I love how you put all the pictures into one big one...you are so creative, I have no idea how to do that. The fashion pictures turned out great...i love the couch, was that your idea? So talented! glad you had a great birthday...and a fun summer! Just remember to wear sunscreen at the future BYU games :)

Lauren Clyde said...

Hope you had a great birthday ;o) Was that Sasha Hansen in that picture? It looked like it. I bet it was, she looks like a super model! Yea, I went to the UCLA game and was sweating bullets, it was so Hot! Well just to give you a heads up... we're planning a wicked cool Halloween party (we do it every year) It's couples costumes party consisting of the clyde famous scavenger hunts. It's really tons of fun and it's going to be the 25th. Just giving heads up until I send out invitations. People appreciate a good heads notice so they can prepare their costumes... and they go quick in the stores. Looking forward to it. Hope you guys can make it.

Kelsey said...

Rise and shout the COUGARS are out!