CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Scary start to September

Wow, 3 posts in one night, you all should be impressed!
September is a great month, the weather gets a bit cooler, the leaves are changing and it's FOOTBALL time. My little brother #54 is an awesome player for the freshmen Lone Peak team and I love to brag about him. Here are a few shots of his 1st game!

That's right, they won 38 to nothing, poor Payson. My brother Scotty turned 15 this last week and my dad took him and 3 friends to our family's cabin for a party weekend. However it didn't turn out to be such a party. Here is a link to the Channel 2 News Report on their weekend.

After this Dylan and I also got a CO (Carbon Monoxide) detectors and I hope this will help make you all aware of this real dangerl. This happened on a Saturday night and at about 12:30am there was pounding on our door. We ran to answer it and it was my mom and sister. On their way home from a movie they got the call from the hospital about the boys and my dad being poisoned. They came straight over to our house. We calmed her down and drove to Mount Pleasant to be at the hospital with them. It was a really long and scary night. What a blessing that it ended the way it did. It really makes you stop and look at how precious life is. It can be taken from you so quickly. I love my dad and brother with all my heart and I can't imagine life without either one of them in it. I love you guys! O ya and Happy Birthday Scotty!

8 comments:

adrienne and ryan said...

Em my mom just sent me link of this story online! I can't believe that happened. I'm so glad everyone is ok. How scary.

The Browers said...

How scary! I am so happy to hear that they are all doing better.

Andrea said...

Holy crap! That is so scary! I'm glad that things turned out okay and these boys and your dad were safe. I couldn't get the video clip to work, but I read the article and was amazed that it all turned out okay. Wow.

I hope your September gets better!

Jessica said...

Looks like you guys had a super fun summer! It's always fun to see what other people do during their summer vacation.

Cynthia said...

I'm so glad everything turned out ok, they were very blessed! Crazy how your life can change in an instant. You seemed to handle it all very well (at least when you told us about it). I'm glad you posted a link to the news report.

kelsey and murray said...

I can't believe this! They were so lucky! I am so glad that everything turned out good. We should invest in a detector. Where do you get one?

Dae said...

You know, I've never even thought about CO detectors for our home. Maybe it's time, huh?! What a blessing that they were still with it enough to be there for each other & get to safety just in the nick of time. Thanks for sharing & for the warning to all of us.

Debbie said...

Emily What a great sister you are thanks for taking me to the hosptial that night and thanks for your love and support as we drove youa and Dylan are great, I am so greatful for you in my life. I love you MOM:)