CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 3, 2008

NEW YORK Trip

I've been harassed since the min we got home about blogging about our trip. I have been so busy catching up with work since coming home that I have yet to post any pictures or story's. So I thought tonight I would post about day 1.
We got to the air port and was told that my Drivers License had expired. The airport lady gave me such a hard time about it I thought they weren't going to let me on the plane and I was in tears. However by now I'm sure you all know we made it but it was a bit of a rocky start and Dylan was not happy with me because I had no idea that it had expired at all. Lets just say that was on the top of my "To Do" list for the day we go home. We took a red eye flight to New York and we thought it was an OK idea. However. .. don't think we'll do it again. Neither of us could really sleep and it was HOT as Hates on the plane.
We arrived in JFK at about 4:30am and took a Cab to our friend Steve's house. He was nice enough to give up his bed and room to us for the whole week. We love you Steve, thanks!!! We went right to bed and didn't get up till about 10am. That was O so nice!!! We were then off to our 1st museum, the Natural History Museum. We had a fun time checking out all the cool stuff that s on the "Night at the Museum" Movie. Here are a few pics of us by some pretty crazy big statues.
After the museum we thought we'd check out Central Park. We walked around for about 2 hours and about 50 miles. OK not 50 but I haven't had sore feet like that since the mission. Man we did a lot of walking. Her are some of my pics from the park. O and yes Dylan loved letting me stop about every 10 steps for a photo opp that's his favorite thing to do on vacation. ha ha
After that nice long walk in the park we headed down to Time Square. It was so amazing. Big reminder of Seoul, it was really busy, and SUPER people watching!

That night we grabbed some pizza on our way home and went to bed!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, New York is so fun! I am excited to hear about how the rest of your trip went!

I'm glad you were able to get on the plane. I know how you feel-we missed our cruise boat because of a license fiasco.

Devin & Shalise said...

It looks like you two had a lot of fun! I love the pictures you took! You definetly have a talent!

Shannon said...

YAY for New York!! Looks like you guys had a fun trip!

tiffany said...

I'm so glad to see some of these photos! Yay for NYC! so cute!!

Cheryl said...

I love the pictures!!! I can't wait to see the rest. I am so glad you had such a wonderful trip. (by the way, the shirt looks so cute Emily :)

Debbie said...

Your trip looks so fun !!! great pictures, I am glad you had a wonderful time ,some day Dad & I might go love ya :) mom

adrienne and ryan said...

You were all the way out here and you didn't tell me! We're only 3 hours away you stinker! :)

Welsh Woman said...

So fun! I'm completely jealous!

Cynthia said...

sorry - i was probably one of the nagging friends that wanted to see your pictures...thanks for posting pictures. I can't wait to see more, looks like it was a blast!

The Browers said...

Your trip looked like a ton of fun, I am so jealous! How are you guys?

Nicolle said...

Im so jeleous that you got to go to New York!! Ive never been there and have always wanted to go!